Football Commissioner - Edward J. Young
Like us on Facebook - Steele Creek Seahawks
We currently offer football in the following divisions:
- Tiny Mite: Ages 5, 6 and 7 weighing between 35 & 75 pounds.
- Mitey Mite: Ages 7, 8 & 9 weighing between 50 & 100 lbs.
- Jr. Pee Wee: Ages 8, 9, & 10 weighing between 65 & 115 lbs and age 11 weighing between 65 & 95 lbs.
- Pee Wee: Ages 9, 10, & 11 weighing between 80 & 130 lbs and age 12 weighing between 80 & 110 lbs.
- Jr. Varsity: Ages 10, 11, & 12 weighing between 95 & 155 lbs and age 13 weighing between 95 & 135 lbs.
*Our goal is that each player registers in the youngest age group for which they are eligible.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE TURNED IN BEFORE AUG. 1st:
Participant Contract and Parental Consent - This Pop Warner document is the basic registration form and contract signed by participants and their parents agreeing to the rules of Pop Warner.
Physical Fitness & Medical History Form - This Pop Warner form is a signed statement from an examining physician licensed in North Carolina that a candidate is physically fit and there are no observable conditions which would prohibit his or her participating in football, cheerleading, or dance. PLEASE NOTE - THE PHYSICAL EXAMINATION MUST BE ON THE POP WARNER FORM AND DATED WITHIN THE CURRENT CALENDAR YEAR - (AFTER JANUARY 1ST OF THE CURRENT YEAR).
Proof of Age - A CERTIFIED copy of the birth certificate on file bearing the seal of the issuing office of the state of birth is required. It is extremely important to note that photo copies of originals or any other alleged proof of birth date are accepted only for regular season games and upon the willingness of a team to have its schedule forfeited should a fraudulent application later be determined. Original CERTIFIED copies are required for all regional and national playoffs / competitions.
Scholastic Fitness - The most recent complete report card (containing all four quarters of grades and the final grade for the previous year) or a completed Pop Warner Scholastic Eligibility Form or a Home School Form are required.